Το Πανεπιστήμιο Λευκωσίας ανακοινώνει το άνοιγμα επτά (7) θέσεων για εισαγωγή στο PhD in TESOL για το εαρινό εξάμηνο του ακαδημαϊκού έτους 2020-2021.
Προθεσμία υποβολής αιτήσεων: 15 Νεομβρίου 2020.
Δείτε την αναλυτική προκήρυξη παρακάτω στα αγγλικά:
Call for Applications for the Doctorate (PhD) in TESOL
The University of Nicosia announces the opening of seven positions for admission to the Doctorate (PhD in TESOL) for the Spring semester of the academic year 2020-2021.
The programme aims to meet the increasing demand for specialists and researchers in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages in schools, universities, government, and other organisations throughout the world. The doctoral programme is a PhD programme by Coursework and Thesis that aims to enhance the ability of ESL/EFL teachers, teacher educators, researchers, and curriculum/materials developers to create, conceptualize, design and implement a substantial research project that generates new knowledge and contributes to theory and practice within the field of TESOL. The specific aims of the programme are to:
- Develop students’ in-depth understanding and critical analysis of current literature and research methodology in the field of TESOL;
- Provide students with a critical awareness of current problems and debates within the field, and enhance their skills in critical evaluation of theoretical and empirical literature relevant to TESOL and their area of specialization.
- Provide students with the research skills and competencies to be able to undertake an original and significant research project that merits publication in the field of TESOL.
- Develop students’ skills in communicating TESOL-related research knowledge to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Enable students to make a significant and original contribution to the field of TESOL through the advancement of scholarly knowledge and professional practice.
- Enable students to become autonomous and expert researchers in the field of TESOL with an understanding of the quality of research required for potential peer-reviewed publications.
The programme is offered in English.
Duration: 3 years (minimum)
Number of Positions: 7 (seven)
Column 1 Value 3: Column 2 Value 3
Selection Criteria: Preselection on the basis of evaluation of qualifications and final selection on the basis of an individual interview/td>
Application Deadline: 15 November 2020
Language: All aspects of the programme are conducted in English (application submission, individual interviews, and programme study).
The application must be submitted only via the online procedure available at https://www.unic.ac.cy/apply.
How to Apply
For academic information related to the doctorate programme, contact the PhD TESOL
programme coordinator Dr Christine Savvidou via email at email@example.com.