EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS UP TO SEPTEMBER 10 TH, 2023
The Department of Shipping, Trade and Transport (STT) of the University of the Aegean launches for the second consecutive year the Postgraduate Program (taught in English language) “Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Shipping” accepting candidates’ applications for the academic year 2023-20241. This is a new and innovative Postgraduate Program structured and offered mainly by distance learning methods, in conjunction with two (2) short-term phases of intensive lectures requiring students’ physical presence at the Department’s headquarters, at the beginning and the end of the Course, respectively.
The core objective of the new “MBA in Shipping” focuses on building upon academic specialization and advanced know-how in the dynamic and complex sector of global shipping business. This postgraduate program can promote specialized potential executives towards a distinctive high-quality career path in diverse shipping companies, maritime organizations, shipping institutions and policy administrative bodies, in Greece and internationally. This shapes a crucial strategic mindset for Greece in particular, as shipping constitutes one of the most globalized business sectors and a core pillar of the domestic economy.
The new program bears a set of innovative contribution merits relative to domestic academic standards, as,:
- this remains the only Postgraduate Program in Greece that is delivered in English language and distance learning education methods;
- this is a Postgraduate Program that takes advantage, for the first time, of a dynamic institutional feedback process and on-going dialogue between academia and the shipping industry and offers robust opportunities for students’ employability in the shipping market.
The Program is based on a one (1)-year full-time student attendance schedule and upon completion it awards a Postgraduate MBA Diploma, entitled “Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Shipping”. The aggregate of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) required to successfully obtain the MBA in Shipping sums up at sixty (60) units.
The 1st Semester (30 ECTS) includes four (4) Compulsory Modules (4) and one (1) Seminar. The 2nd Semester (30 ECTS) includes three (3) Compulsory Modules, four (4) Elective Modules and two (2) Seminars.
Τhe 2nd Semester modules are of shorter duration (six 3-hour lectures each), and is distributed in a balanced time-schedule over the entire Spring Semester. A Dissertation Thesis is not a prerequisite for the Program.
In the “MBA in Shipping”, graduates of the following domestic Departments and Universities, Technological Educational Institutions as well as of equivalently recognized foreign academic institutions can apply: Business Administration and Economic Studies, Shipping Studies, Engineering Schools, Sciences, Informatics, Political and Social sciences, Humanities and similar academic subjects. Prospective graduates of Higher Military and Defense Educational Institutions, Hellenic Coast Guard Ensign Cadet Schools and Merchant Marine Academies (AEN) are also encouraged to apply, in line with the relevant legislation framework. Students at their final graduation year can also apply, subject to having fully met their graduation obligations upon the Program’s initiation and will have submitted an official Certificate, subsequent to the submission deadline of required documents and certainly up to the date of registration to the Program.
The admissions committee considers the totality of a candidate’s experience, skills, personality and potential to reach a decision, aiming for a diverse class of motivated students who can most benefit from and contribute to our rigorous program of study.
Potential candidates can apply electronically to express their interest via the electronic system "NAUTILUS", of the University of the Aegean, web address https://nautilus.aegean.gr/, by carefully following the relevant instructions included in the user’s manual, until September 10th , 2023, closing-time: 23:59.
Each application is required to include the following: (in electronic format):
1. Application (electronic).
2. Copy of Graduation Diploma (for students in final graduation year an official confirmation certificate is required for submission up until registration date). Graduates from foreign Universities must submit the official recognition certificate from the relevant domestic authority (DOATAP), in line with the relevant legislation requirements.
3. A certificate of detailed grades per undergraduate module (with exact average).
4. A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including information on studies, research and professional activity and potential academic publications.
5. A certificate on English language knowledge (with level reference, e.g. FCE, MCCE, TOEIC or respective State certificate of knowledge), and respective certificates of other foreign languages (optional).
6. Two recommendation letters submitted electronically by the referees via Nautilus platform.
7. A motivation letter of candidate students to attend the “MBA in Shipping”.
8. Photocopy of official ID or passport
9. A recent photo of ID type.
10. Academic publications, distinctions, prizes in digital formal (if any).
11. Proof certificates of professional or research experience in a simple format (if any).
12. Any other relevant information and document that candidate students may consider as appropriate to support the decision of the selection committee towards the candidate’s application.
During the academic year 2023-2024, a maximum number of fifty (50) postgraduate students is to be accepted.
The selection process is to be completed in two stages: a) on the candidate’s file and documentation, and b) on a personal interview. Candidates that meet the relevant requirements are going to be invited for an interview (either in the Department’s headquarters or via digital platforms) during a time-period that shall be promptly announced on the Department’s Website. Similarly, the evaluation results of candidates will be posted on the Department’s Website.
The tuition fees for the Program is €5.000, payable in two equal installments: upon student registration and at the beginning of spring semester, respectively.
The Program offers a number of fellowships and provides opportunities for paid practice internships in shipping companies and institutions.
For clarifications and any other information, interested parties may contact the Secretariat via e-mail or phone, below: E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +30 22710 35202
Information about the program can be found here!
Προκήρυξη | Παράταση