Κάντε follow το πρόγραμμα για να ενημερώνεστε μέσω email για προκηρύξεις και σχετικά νέα.
Πρέπει να είσαστε συνδεδεμένοι στο λογαριασμό σας.
UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS
Faculty of Political Science and Public Administration
Master’s Degree in Southeast European Studies: Politics, History, Economics
CALL FOR APPLICANTS
The Master’s Degree in Southeast European Studies: Politics, History, Economics will receive up to thirty (30) graduate students for the academic year 2020-2021. The Programme is primarily addressed to graduates with a first degree in the social sciences and humanities (politics, sociology, economics, political and social history, social anthropology, , Balkan studies, journalism). Εligible to apply are graduates of Greek universities or foreign universities officially recognised by the Hellenic Republic.
The Programme charges tuition fees of €2,100 payable in three equal instalments. Students who are citizens of specified Southeast European countries (i.e. Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo [under UNSC Resolution 1244] Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) and who are not in receipt of a scholarship from any other source (upon arrival to Athens they will be asked to submit official declaration about that) may apply for a fees waiver/ internship. The Master‟s Programme will also offer tuition fees waiver in accordance with the applicable law and the Master‟s Regulation. At the first stage of applications, applicants can submit their application by e-mail (to the Programme Secretariat) from 1 February 2020 until 15 June 2020.
1. Completed application (form may be downloaded from the Faculty‟s and the Programme‟s websites).
2. A statement of purpose in English (500 words maximum).
3. A certified copy of the applicant‟s first degree, with a minimum GPA of 6.5/10 as a prerequisite for acceptance on the Programme. (Applicants who will not have graduated by the application deadline but are expected to graduate in 2019 should submit a signed statement declaring (a) their current grade point average, (b) the number of courses they need to pass in order to graduate, and (c) that the final degree will be submitted, at the latest, by registration, at the beginning of October 2020.)
4. A certified copy of the applicant‟s official university grades transcript.
5. Official translations into Greek of documents 3 (degree) and 4 (transcript), required when the original documents are in a language other than Greek or English. (Students submitting their documents in English should be aware that if accepted on the Programme, they will be required to provide official translations into Greek for registration at the University of Athens.)
6. Proof of excellent knowledge of the English language in the form of a qualification of proficiency in the English language, equivalent to Proficiency (C2).
7. Two recommendation letters, of which at least one should be from a university faculty member. Recommendation letters should be written in English or Greek, bear an original signature and the stamp of the relevant institution, and attached to the application in a sealed envelope with the referee‟s signature over the flap. (Applicants are asked to use the “Form for Referees” which is part of the application material.)
8. Simple photocopies of other supporting documents (e.g. knowledge of other foreign languages, seminar attendance certificates, etc.).
9. Successful applicants holding a first degree from a non-Greek university will be required, upon acceptance by the programme, to submit their qualifications for recognition by „Hellenic Naric‟, the official Greek certificating institution for foreign degrees (website http://www.doatap.gr). Further information on this is provided once the candidate selection process is complete.
10. Photocopy of your ID or passport.
All documents mentioned above can initially be sent electronically to the Master’s Degree Secretariat (postgrad_SEE@pspa.uoa.gr). In addition, the reference letters can be sent directly from the referee electronically to the Master’s Degree e-mail.
No applications will be accepted after the June, 15th 2020 deadline. There will be rolling admission.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to call candidates for interviews.
Associate Professor Emmanuella Doussis