Το Ελληνικό Παρατηρητήριο του LSE προσφέρει υποτροφίες για διεξαγωγή έρευνας σε θέματα που σχετίζονται με την Ελλάδα και την Κύπρο.
Προθεσμία υποβολής αιτήσεων: 09 Μαΐου 2021
Διαβάστε παρακάτω την αναλυτική πρόσκληση στα αγγλικά:
Call for Research Project Proposals 2021
In 2018 the Hellenic Observatory launched an exciting research initiative to further fulfil and develop its mission and study of contemporary Greece and Cyprus in the field of the social sciences. The programme became possible due to new funding granted for the specific purpose of furthering the Hellenic Observatory’s research agenda. The Hellenic Observatory would like to acknowledge grateful and sincere thanks to the A.C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation (ACLCF) and Dr Vassili G. Apostolopoulos for the provision of funding for this purpose.
The LSE’s Hellenic Observatory invites applications from researchers to conduct time-sensitive and globally competitive policy relevant research on contemporary Greece and/or Cyprus.
Research Themes & Level of Awards
1. Researchers are invited to submit a research proposal on the following theme for an award of up to £20,000. One Project will be selected (1 award) and the successful project should run for a maximum of 24 months.
2. Researchers are invited to submit a research proposal on one of the following themes for an award of up to £8,000. Two Projects will be selected (2 awards) and the successful projects should run for a maximum of 12 months.
- The projects should result in international research and policy-relevant reports.
- The Call is open to all researchers with a university affiliation, who hold a doctorate (PhD degree) and have at least two years of post-doctoral research experience. This criterion does not apply to the research assistants appointed on the project.
- Applications from groups of researchers are also eligible. The PI and lead members must fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who have previously been awarded funding from the Hellenic Observatory’s research calls cannot reapply in the same academic year that the previous project finished.
- Applications are limited to one application per person/group each year.
- Eligible costs include salaries, travel, research assistance, impact and knowledge exchange, and publications.
Proposals are invited for projects which will commence in 2021. These are to be submitted electronically in Word format to Hellenicobservatory.Research@lse.ac.uk.
Applicants are asked to submit proposals of no more than 2,500 words (Calibri font, size 11, justified alignment, 2cm margins, single spaced). Proposals have to address the five evaluation criteria laid out in the Selection Process below and to be structured under the following sub-headings:
- Summary: project title, name of the PI (and other lead researchers together with a structure of the team and the allocation of tasks across its members), start and end dates, total budget figure
- Research objectives and project outline (including literature review)
- Planned Publications (other than the Policy Brief and the Research Paper- see Deliverables below): format, content, publisher, date of submission
- Annex 1: Personnel (including short biographies). Full CV’s should be attached as separate documents together with a listing of cited references.
- Annex 2: Detailed Budget - see Budget below. Please complete the Excel budget template provided.
The budget should justify the costs identified for the project. Eligible costs include salaries, travel, research assistance, impact and knowledge exchange, and publications, in so far as they can be accepted as essential parts of the proposed research. Overhead costs of up to 15% of the total budget are allowed, but these should be included in the budget (the total budget cannot exceed (1) £20,000 or (2) £8,000. The selection committee has the right to request additional information regarding budget costs and to award a smaller amount than the one requested or advertised. Awards must be used solely for the purposes set out in the application. An amount of up to 20% of the total budget can be transferred between budget headings without reference to the Hellenic Observatory. Requests for budget transfers in excess of this amount should be addressed to the Hellenic Observatory.
- Application Deadline: 9 May 2021 (23.59 GMT)
- Successful Projects advised: July 2021
- Contracts drawn up: July - August 2021
- Project Commencement: 1 September 2021