Το ερευνητικό κέντρο CYENS (πρώην RISE), με έδρα την Κύπρο προσφέρει τρεις (3) διδακτορικές υποτροφίες. Οι υποτροφίες θα είναι έως και 3 χρόνια, κατά τη διάρκεια των οποίων οι υποψήφιοι αναμένεται να ολοκληρώσουν το διδακτορικό τους.
Το CYENS Doctoral Training Program στόχο έχει την υποστήριξη και καθοδήγηση διδακτορικών φοιτητών που θα εγγραφούν σε πανεπιστήμιο της κοινοπραξίας CYENS (Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου, Τεχνολογικό Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου ή Ανοικτό Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου).
Προθεσμία υποβολής αιτήσεων: 31 Μαρτίου 2023
Περισσότερες πληροφορίες θα βρείτε στην αναλυτική Προκήρυξη
Δείτε την αναλυτική προκήρυξη παρακάτω στα αγγλικά:
PhD Fellowships - CYENS Doctoral Training Program 2023
Overview of CYENS’s Doctoral Training Program
CYENS’s Doctoral Training Program (DTP) kicked off in 2019 providing the best possible experience of impactful collaboration, following best practices from across Europe. CYENS’s DTP is a far more valuable and engaging experience compared to working only with an individual supervisor or a small group in a university. CYENS DTP provides a collaborative cohort environment, offers a wide range of research projects and innovation activities, and training opportunities. The program fosters knowledge transfer and student engagement with the wider community and the partner institutions.
CYENS’s DTP is an in-house program for supporting and guiding PhD students who will be registered at a university of the CYENS consortium (University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology or Open University of Cyprus). The program allows students to participate in scientific colloquia, research presentations, mobility activities and visits, joint supervision of PhDs, and projects organized in collaboration with CYENS’s advanced partners (UCL and Max Planck) and other members of its developing network. CYENS will also facilitate the development and innovation of research ideas and outcomes and provide mentoring opportunities (e.g., peer feedback, guidance by senior researchers).
A CYENS DTP student has to take a minimum of 4 courses or series of seminars offered by CYENS’s DTP program. These courses are independent of any coursework/seminar PhD requirements by the Host University. The selection of the courses will be on the students and their supervisors and must take into consideration the availability of the courses.
Indicative list of DTP courses:
- Project Management
- Innovation, Entrepreneurial and Intrapreneurial skills for Research Engineers
- Product from Concept to Market
- IP Protection Workshop: Key IP, commercialization, methods for Higher Education: licensing, spin-ins and spin-outs
- Research Methods and Research Ethics
- Science communication and dissemination
- Other seminars
CYENS DTP aims to provide a direct link to the advanced partners via short-term placements at their premises, and to support PhD students’ participation in conferences and study visits at established research centres across Europe.
CYENS will award a certificate for the participation in the CYENS DTP program in addition to the PhD degree.
CYENS DTP PhD Fellowships – September 2023
For the academic year 2023-2024, as part of its Doctoral Training Program, CYENS will offer up to three (3) PhD fellowships to eligible candidates. Fellowships will be for up to 3 years, during which candidates are expected to complete their PhD. The Doctoral Training Program covers: (1) a full-time fellowship with an attractive renumeration package, (2) coverage of the tuition fees of the host University, (3) placement expenses at the external partner university.
- Registration at one of the local partner Universities of Cyprus (i.e., Host University), under the supervision of a CYENS academic. Note: PhD students have to adhere to the doctoral program’s expectations and examination procedures of the host university. CYENS will not interfere with the PhD requirements of the host university. The PhD degree will be awarded by the Host University.
- Dedicating 75-85% of the time at the CYENS Centre and 15-25% at the external partners. Note: CYENS will cover the placement costs at the external partners.
- Completion of a minimum of 4 in-house program courses/seminars offered by CYENS’s DTP, preferably during the first 2 years of the program. Note: These courses may count towards the course requirements of the PhD program at the Host University, providing the Host University/Department agrees.
- Engagement in the communication and dissemination activities of CYENS (e.g. poster days, industry events)
Failure to adhere to CYENS’s DTP requirements, may result in the discontinuation of the fellowship.
Applicants must have:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in the area of the dissertation research topic or other relevant area.
- A Master’s degree (MA/MSc) from an accredited University in the area of the dissertation research topic or other relevant area.
- A proven record of high achievement
- A PhD thesis proposal centred on the topic of interest from the composed list of thematic areas
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and verbal)
- Current PhD students can apply as long as they do not exceed one full year by the expected start date of the fellowship.
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
Interested candidates should submit the following items through Application: CYENS DTP PhD Fellowship September 2023:
- The selected topic (one application per topic).
- Full and updated CV
- Complete transcripts of all previous studies
- English language proficiency certificate
- A letter of interest or statement of purpose describing 1) previous work performed in the topic under study 2) why the candidate wishes to undertake the specific studies (1000 words max)
- A PhD thesis proposal centered on the topic of interest including initial research objectives (1000 words max).
- Names and contact information of two academic referees. Note: Referees will be contacted (by CYENS) only for shortlisted candidates.
Application deadline: Friday March 31st , 2023.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicants may address any technical or research related inquiries to email@example.com
CYENS is an equal opportunity employer. The positions are open to nationals of all EU and non-EU countries.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 31 March. 2023
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment. Fixed-term contract