As a PhD candidate you will participate in the research institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS) of the Faculty of Arts at Radboud University. Your research project must fit in with the programme one of the institute’s research groups. Descriptions of the HLCS research groups can be found on www.ru.nl/hlcs/research-groups.
The Faculty of Arts consists of ten departments in the areas of language and culture, history, history of arts, linguistics and communication and information studies, which together cater for about 2,400 students and collaborate closely in teaching and research.
Research at the Faculty of Arts is embedded in two research institutes: the Institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS) and the Centre for Language Studies (CLS).
What we expect from you
- a Master’s degree (or expect to complete the degree before September 2018) in one of the disciplines represented in HLCS;
- you are result-oriented, are fluent in English and have excellent writing skills;
- the support of a provisional supervisor at the professor level;
- a written approval statement from your provisional PhD supervisor at HLCS;
- demonstrable research experience in the field of your proposal will be considered an advantage.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE;
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,222 per month based on full-time employment, and will increase to €2,840 per month in the fourth year (P scale);
- the total duration of the contract is 4 years. You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years;
- you will be classified as a PhD student (promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO);
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Selected applicants will be invited to write a full proposal according to the guidelines that can be downloaded from www.ru.nl/hlcs/PhDpositions. The proposal must be submitted before 28 May. Interviews will be held on 4 June.
Would you like to know more?
Further information on: Faculty of Arts
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Peter van der Heiden, Coordinator of the Graduate School for the Humanities
Telephone: + 3124 361 55 59
To apply, click here.