27 Fully Funded Doctoral Programmes in Natural Sciences with 50 Scholarships Available at the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Biology: Botany; Plant Physiology; Animal Physiology; Genetics; Microbiology; Molecular Biology; Zoology
- Ecology and Environmental Sciences: Environmental Ecology; Environmental Geochemistry; General Ecology, Autecology and Population Ecology
- Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry; Biochemistry; Physical Chemistry; Chemical Physics; Organic Chemistry; Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Geography: Physical Geography, Geoecology and Geoinformatics; Human Geography; Regional Geography
- Geology: Applied Geophysics; Engineering Geology; Economic Geology; Mineralogy; Palaeontology; Sedimentology; Tectonics
- Biotechnology: Biotechnology
PhD students at the Faculty of Natural Sciences of Comenius University are integral members of the university elite who carry with them prestige and considerable responsibilities. During their studies they develop scientific thinking, enhance their scientific overview, gain the ability to pass on their acquired knowledge to all generations.
For more instructions:
PhD programmes last four years of full-time study and students are expected to submit a thesis within this period. In the first year, students normally devote themselves to identifying a topic and surveying as much pertinent literature as possible to prove the originality of their research. Here, they will have guidance from their academic supervisor. The second and third years are spent on the work required to prove their hypotheses and to formulate specific conclusions. Most of the final year of the Ph.D study is spent on writing up the thesis.
Electronic registration will be made available from March 1st to May 31st 2019.
Interviews will take place on 20th June 2019.