The Center for NanoScience (CeNS) at LMU Munich offers 14 doctoral positions in the highly interdisciplinary field of nanosciences, starting May-September 2018. Successful candidates will work in the stimulating scientific environment of LMU Munich and Technische Universität München (TUM).
- DNA nanotechnology, single-molecule spectroscopy and single-molecule biochemistry
- Chromatin Dynamics and Remodeling at the Single-Molecule Level
- Single Molecule Studies of Chaperone Function
- High resolution structural and mechanical studies on motor proteins
- Unraveling the Mechano-Regulation of Von Willebrand Factor
- Origin of Life Research/biophysics
- Charge transport in novel organic or low-dimensional semiconductors
- PhD position in industry for quantum science and technology applications
Please note that only applications submitted via our online application tool will be accepted.
Application deadline: February 5, 2018
Desired skills and experience:
Candidates should hold or currently prepare for a master’s degree in physics, biochemistry or a related subject and have a strong interest in interdisciplinary research. For further requirements, please refer to the individual projects on the CeNS website (http://www.cens.de/careers/international-call-for-phd-students-and-postdocs/).
Doctoral and postdoctoral candidates will be fully funded by the individual research groups and will be employed at the university.
Positions are paid according to TV-L 13, the tariff for German civil service employees. Paid vacation is 30 days per year.
There are no tuition fees at LMU Munich.
Applications by researchers with handicap will be considered with priority under equal conditions. We welcome applications from female candidates. These are full-time positions. The possibility of part-time and flexible working hours will be considered.