EpiDiverse, a MSCA-ITN network comprised of 12 European institutions, is a new European Training Network that involves leading research groups in the fields of ecology, molecular genetics and bioinformatics. The network is funded by a Marie Sklodowska Curie Action of the European Commission.
We are happy to announce 15 open PhD positions for highly motivated candidates from the fields of plant sciences, ecology, (epi)genetics, (epi)genomics, computational biology or bioinformatics! The EpiDiverse network facilitates close collaboration between individual PhD projects. These projects provide an excellent opportunity to receive cross-disciplinary doctoral training and to do cutting-edge research in plant epigenetics.
The EpiDiverse research focuses on three wild plant species. For each of these species, research groups from computational biology, molecular genetics and ecology team up to address the genomic basis, the molecular mechanisms and the ecological significance of epigenetic variation. If you want to do your PhD in one of these research fields and like the idea of contributing to, and learning from, such cross-disciplinary teams - we are looking for you!
EpiDiverse provides a comprehensive training program that includes summer schools, workshops and exchange visits to different groups in the network. We will offer training in molecular, genomic, computational, and ecological aspects of studying epigenetic variation, as well as in transferable skills. Students will be part of a group of 15 PhD students from across Europe that will all work on similar questions, and that will regularly meet and interact.
- Have a keen interest in exploring the causes and consequences of epigenetic variation;
- Are enthusiastic about cooperation in a multidisciplinary team;
- Should embrace intra-European mobility;
- Have good communication skills;
- Are fluent in English.
- Early stage researchers will be hired on a full time equivalent regular working contract and the salary will include a mobility allowance;
- The opportunity to register for a PhD degree at excellent universities;
- Training in state-of-the-art scientific and complementary skills;
- Being part of a well-integrated and multidisciplinary team in an exciting research area
- The possibility to travel to other partners from academia and industry for workshops and conferences;
- Secondment placements and internships with other network’s partners.
A university degree in a relevant field is required. Eligibility criteria of EU H2020 ITN programmes apply: candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate. Eligible candidates may be of any nationality but must not, at the time of recruitment, have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 last years immediately prior to the reference date.
How to apply
You may apply by providing a letter of motivation, a detailed CV and contact information of up to three references and send by e-mail as a single pdf file to:
- CC to: the contact address of the respective research project (RP) that you apply to, as provided in the detailed RP descriptions listed below
- Add subject reference: EpiDiverse-Application RP-number (providing the number of the RP you apply to)
Further information on individual RPs can be obtained from the contact person that is listed in the individual project descriptions. We will start reviewing applications by 24 November 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. The starting date of all projects is 1 April 2018.
Please note that it is possible to apply to more than one position. Candidates applying to several positions should indicate this in their application letter and motivate their choice, i.e. show an alignment of their research interests and expertise with the research projects. Please submit your application separately for each position you are interested in, and indicate your order of preference.
EpiDiverse aims to ensure equal opportunities, i.e. no job applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, gender or marital status. This policy will include disabled persons who have the necessary attributes for the research project they are interested in.