For the academic year 2015-2016 Tilburg School of Humanities has approximately 9 scholarships available for excellent international EU/EEA and non-EEA students who are admitted to a (Research) Master's program at Tilburg School of Humanities (TSH).
At TSH there are scholarships available for the following Master’s programs:
- MA Communication and Information Sciences
- MA Management of Cultural Diversity
- MA Ritual in Society
- MA Philosophy, Science and Society
- Research MA Language and Communication
- Research MA Philosophy
To qualify for a Tilburg School of Humanities Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Master's program:
- Candidates must have been (unconditionally) admitted to one of the graduate programs at Tilburg School of Humanities for the academic year 2015-2016
- Candidates must have achieved excellent study results in their relevant (under) graduate program. As an indication, the student must have graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) or must be among the top 10% of their class
- To prove that you are an excellent student you can send us a statement from your university saying that you belonged to the top 10% of your class or with your average grade. This is not necessary if your average grade is specified on your transcript of records
- Candidates must hold a EU/EEA or non-EEA passport
- Candidates should fill in the Scholarship Application Form
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee will select the recipients of the TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- The academic results in the relevant (under)graduate program
- The quality and content of the Scholarship Application Form
- The language test score
- Extracurricular activities
Tilburg School of Humanities strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality.
The TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence for EU/EEA students consists of a scholarship of € 5.000 to partially cover the living expenses of the students during their stay here in Tilburg.
The TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence for non-EEA students consists of a partial tuition waiver of up to € 9.000 at a tuition fee of € 13.000,-.
TSH Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year.
At TSH award of the Scholarship for the second year of the Research Master’s program depends on your academic results of the first semester of the first year; you should obtain at least 30 ECTS in the first semester. Next to that your grades should be above-average.
To apply for a TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form
- State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in a relevant (under)graduate program, by providing your calculated GPA and/or proof that you belong to the top 10% of your class
- Send the Scholarship Application Form together with your application for the Master's program before the Scholarship deadline of 1 April 2015
What happens next?
All TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence applicants will be informed about the outcome of the Scholarship Selection Committee by early May 2015. Students who are granted a TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Please note that the Scholarship Selection Committees usually receives more applications than it has grants, which means they can only select a minority of excellent applicants who will receive financial support. Strong candidates, who do not make it to the first group of Scholarship candidates, will be put on a list of standby candidates. The School will notify these students as soon as possible - but not later than 1 August 2015 - in case a scholarship candidate withdraws his application.