Δύο (2) θέσεις βοηθών ερευνητών στο Τμήμα Πληροφορικής του Πανεπιστημίου Κύπρου για το project CyberSafetyII (καλύτερο διαδίκτυο για τα παιδιά) Εκπαιδευτικά Νέα
Το ερευνητικό εργαστήριο Τεχνολογίας Λογισμικού και Τεχνολογιών Διαδικτύου (SEIT) (https://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit/) και του Ερευνητικού Εργαστηρίου Δικτύων (NetRL) (http://www.netrl.cs.ucy .ac.cy /) του Τμήματος Πληροφορικής του Πανεπιστημίου Κύπρου ανακοινώνει δύο (2) θέσεις πλήρους ή μερικής απασχόλησης για ερευνητές στο Web Engineering για το πρόγραμμα CyberSafety II του CEF Telecom Safer Internet.
Προθεσμία υποβολής αιτήσεων: 29 Μαρτίου 2019.
Δείτε την αναλυτική προκήρυξη στα αγγλικα:
2 (full or part-time) Research assistant positions, CyberSafety II Project, Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE / RESEARCH ASSISTANT POSITION
Title: Research assistant
No.of Position(s): 2 (full or part-time)
Category: 1 Year Contract (subject to renewal for 6-8 more months)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The research laboratory of Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) (https://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit/) and the Networks Research Laboratory (NetRL) (http://www.netrl.cs.ucy.ac.cy/) of the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announce 2 (two) full or part-time position for a Research assistant in Web Engineering for the CEF Telecom Safer Internet CyberSafety II project.
SEIT focuses its research activities on Software Engineering and Internet Technologies. In the first area, SEIT focuses among other areas on Service Oriented Architectures, Context-Aware Middleware Platforms and Smart and Mobile Computing for the development of pervasive, self-adaptive applications and Smart IoT services. In the second area, the Laboratory concentrates on the development of ICT-enabled Environments, platforms and tools. The lab's research is also related to Software reuse and Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs). NetRL promotes and coordinates research activities in all areas of Networks Research, including wireline and wireless, mobile and ad-hoc, MANETS and VANETS, and sensor networks.
The candidates are expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multi-disciplinary research environment and eager to be actively engaged in the demanding activities of European projects, collaborating efficiently with the SEIT and the NetRL research teams:
- Candidates should be graduates in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or have a Master in a relevant scientific area.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering processes (Agile development, GitHub).
- Good understanding of cybersecurity and privacy protection is strongly encouraged.
- Interest in initiating a PhD will be considered an advantage.
- Very good knowledge of English.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidates will work on the CyberSafety II (Safer Internet) project:
CyberSafety II brings together major national stakeholders of Cyprus in order to create a safe internet culture for young people, empowering creative, innovative and critical citizens in the digital society. CyberSafety II aims to create an awareness platform, where actors can find resources and tools, share experiences, expertise and best practices. At the same time, it aims to provide qualitative and quantitative feedback at European level through the core service platform.
In the framework of the project, the candidates will undertake the following tasks among other activities:
- Candidate 1: Development of a Privacy awareness tool as a browser extension and as a web application, Development of a web and Android application analysis toolset for privacy protection.
- Candidate 2: Development of a chat tool with chat tool with AI assistant capabilities, Updates to the Case Management Platform and Tools (CMPT).
Moreover, the successful candidate will be involved in research works in the areas the SEIT and NetRL labs, including empirical software engineering and web engineering and in writing scientific papers and technical reports in English.
The position is on a contract basis of one year, subject to renewal. The monthly gross salary will be in the range € 1,300-1,700 for full time employment depending on qualifications and expertise. For part time employment, the appropriate adjustment will be performed. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus or medical insurance coverage.
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to:
Dr. Georgia Kapitsaki, email: email@example.com.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Cover letter that specifies employment availability date, and the position the candidate is interested for.
- Copies of transcripts of bachelor/MSc degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons that can provide references.
Application deadline is the 29th of March 2019.
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact the projects Principal Investigators: Dr. Georgia Kapitsaki (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Vasos Vasiliou (email@example.com).
Δείτε περισσότερες πληροφορίες στην ιστοσελίδα τους εδώ.