Το μεταπτυχιακό πρόγραμμα στην Επιστήμη Δεδομένων (MSc in Data Science) του Οικονομικού Πανεπιστημίου Αθηνών καλεί όσους ενδιαφέρονται να ενταχθούν στο πρόγραμμα το ακαδημαϊκό έτος 2021-2022/2021-2023, να εκδηλώσουν το ενδιαφέρον τους για συμμετοχή στο πρόγραμμα.
Το πρόγραμμα είναι καταξιωμένο διεθνώς και είναι ένα από τα καλύτερα προγράμματα παγκοσμίως στον τομέα του. Το 2019 κατατάχθηκε 14ο στον κόσμο στον τομέα του Big Data Management σύμφωνα με την κατάταξη "Eduniversal Best Masters".
Το ΠΜΣ αποβλέπει στο να εκπαιδεύσει Data Scientists με ισχυρό θεωρητικό και εφαρμοσμένο υπόβαθρο και να καλύψει ένα σημαντικό κενό στο εκπαιδευτικό τοπίο. Έχει διεθνή προσανατολισμό, ανταποκρινόμενο στην έντονη διεθνή ζήτηση στον τομέα Data Science. Προσφέρεται ως πλήρους φοίτησης για νέους πτυχιούχους αλλά και ως μερικής φοίτησης για στελέχη επιχειρήσεων και οργανισμών.
Σημαντικό χαρακτηριστικό του προγράμματος είναι εκπόνηση διπλωματικής εργασίας με τη μορφή Ολοκληρωμένου Έργου (Integrated Capstone Project) σε συνεργασία με επιχειρήσεις σε θέμα που θα σχεδιάζεται από κοινού με την επιχείρηση ή τον φορέα και τον ακαδημαϊκό επιβλέποντα. Το πρόγραμμα συνεργάζεται με κορυφαίες εταιρίες οι οποίες προσφέρουν τη δυνατότητα εκπόνησης μεταπτυχιακής διατριβής, ημέρες καριέρα, σεμινάρια και υποτροφίες.
Δείτε πιο κάτω την προκήρυξη στα αγγλικά:
Call for applications for admission
Graduate Study Program "Master of Science in Data Science"
Full Time and Part Time Programs 2021-2022/2021-2023
Data Science is the study of data through computational and statistical techniques, in order to answer questions, develop explanatory and predictive models, perform analyses and communicate the results in revealing ways. Data science draws from a wide variety of disciplines such as computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, economics, and operations research. It applies quantitative methods to uncover relationships in data drawn from business, medicine, financial, social or other domains. It is a key driver of improvements to all aspects of business, including strategy, operations, marketing, finance, and human resource management.
The Master of Science in Data Science, the first of its kind in Greece, offers students in-depth focus in data science while allowing them to tailor it their particular interests. Students will be interacting with diverse faculty members and other students, given the opportunity to complete innovative data science projects and be exposed to industry needs and real-life data science challenges.
The program focuses on computation and quantitative techniques and offers students new opportuniities for building sustainable competitive advantage through data analysis. The full-time program consists of an academic year of taught courses and a 3-month long Analytics Capstone project that enables students to work on a real-world data-intensive problem using the tools and skills learned in the program. The part-time program consists of two academic years of taught courses.
The program is offered jointly by the Departments of Informatics and Statistics in the School of Information Sciences and Technology of the Athens University of Economics and Business.
- For the full-time program: Excellent recent graduates, or midcareer professionals looking to upskill, with strong technical/math skills, from engineering, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, operations research, and computer science. Prospective students get excited about gathering, measuring and analyzing information and want to focus on quantitative, computational methods to unlock the potential of data assets to reveal patterns, make predictions and improve decision-making. All applicants should have demonstrated academic success as evidenced by undergraduate and graduate courses and grades. Recent programming experience and basic knowledge of computing are necessary.
- For the part-time program: Early- and Mid-career professionals (at least 2 years full time professional experience required) wanting to face the challenge of understanding and exploiting the deluge of data in their organizations. Any professional (in private or public sector) with a mandate to gather, measure and analyze information. Professionals especially in business consulting, retail banking, market research, quantitative marketing, IT, Business Intelligence, finance, operations as well as managers focused on using data to extract business value. Recent programming experience and facility with basic mathematical concepts and quantitative techniques are necessary.
The admissions committee considers the totality of a candidate’s experience, skills, personality and potential to reach a decision, aiming for a diverse class of motivated students who can most benefit from and contribute to our rigorous program of study.
Application process and admission requirements
The first application deadline for the MSc in Data Science for this academic year (FT: 2021-2022/PT: 2021- 2023) is May 14th, 2021. Acceptance letters will be sent out at the latest by June 14th , 2021.
In case there are remaining positions, the second application deadline for the MSc in Data Science for this academic year (FT: 2021-2022/PT: 2021-2023) is June 30th , 2021. The admissions committee will review applications on a first-come-first served basis and send acceptance/rejection letters soon thereafter. Any acceptance letters will be sent out at the latest by July 31st , 2021.
Each application is required to include the following:
- Completed application form with photo
- Copy of all university degrees/diplomas received
- Copy of transcripts of grades in Greek or English. Accepted candidates must submit official transcripts
- Certificate of equivalence for degrees from foreign Universities, issued by DOATAP/Hellenic NARIC (or proof that an application for certification has been filed -- admission is contingent on submission of certificate by the Program enrollment date)
- Proof of knowledge of English: Certificate of Proficiency in English from U. of Michigan/ Cambridge, or other equivalent (https://bit.ly/3ldSRLS)
- GRE scores(if available)
- Two recommendation letters (to be sent via post to the Program Administrator or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Proofs of employment (optional for full time program, required for part time program)
- CV in English
Applications should be submitted online at http://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/. Paperwork must be uploaded with the application or submitted in person before the application deadline at the following address: Secretariat for Graduate Programs, Informatics Department, Athens University of Economics and Business, Evelpidon 47A & Lefkados, Athens 11362 Greece, 7th Floor, Office 707 (Monday-Friday 14:00-17:00, tel.: (+30) 210-82.03.860, e-mail: email@example.com, Ms. Simone Alexandri).
For clarifications and any other information, interested parties may contact the Secretariat or the Director via e-mail or phone. Information about the program can be found at http://datascience.aueb.gr/. The Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Our nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of the admission and scholarship process, and to all aspects of the educational programs and activities.
- The Full Time (FT) program is a 1-year program. Students need to complete 60 units of coursework, of which 46 units of core courses and 14 units of electives. After completion of coursework, students undertake an intense 3-month integrated Capstone Project in collaboration with industry, with joint academic and industrial supervision, for 15 units. Attendance of lectures and laboratory sessions is mandatory.
- The Part Time (PT) program is a 2-year program. Students need to complete 75 units of coursework, of which 46 units of core courses and 29 units of electives. Students can under special circumstances replace 15 units of coursework with an integrated Capstone Project in collaboration with industry, or a faculty-supervised research thesis, with Director approval. Required classes take place twice a week, 6:00-9:00pm. Attendance of lectures and laboratory sessions is mandatory.
Full courses are worth 5-7 units, half courses are worth 3 units. Before the beginning of classes,students are required to complete 1-3 preparatory courses in Statistics, Mathematics, and Computer Science, as decided by the Admissions Committee. Each course comprises 5 3-hour lectures and a final exam.
Full-time program: €6000
- €1000 payable by October, 2021
- €1000 payable by January, 2022
- €1000 payable by March, 2022
- €3000 payable by June, 2022
Part-time program: €7500
- €2000 payable by October, 2021
- €1500 payable by January, 2022
- €1500 payable by March, 2022
- €2500 payable by June, 2022
A limited number of merit-based scholarships is available. In addition, research and teaching assistantships worth €3000 may be offered to full time accepted students who express interest, thus reducing tuition fees to €3000. Assistantships involve 10 hours of academic work (e.g., helping with undergraduate classes, computer administration in a laboratory, data analysis for a research project, etc.) per week of school, exempting examination weeks. Tuition fees are non-refundable. More details can be found in the Program Regulations Handbook.